Skip to main content

5 Unique and Useful Python modules.

Motive           There are different types of modules in python which not everyone knows so we thought of introducing them to you guys. Let's start! Note: This is not a tutorial of how to use these but is to show that these modules also exist and if you want to know more you can visit there own page and if you want us to explain leave a comment below. Links to there page are also given below. Hope you found something useful. 1.Wikipedia          Yes, there is a module called Wikipedia in python, you can easily install Wikipedia by pip install wikipedia . We cannot rely on this module for advanced use. It was designed for ease of use and simplicity.  Learn More Here .  Here is a simple example: import wikipedia wikiPython = wikipedia.summary("Python", sentences=2) print(wikiPython)           One big disadvantage is that it works only if the internet is connected to your device. You can even control the number of sentences that you

Face Detection with Open CV | Unsupervised learning in Python

Motive
     
        Machine Learning is not that easy to lean in python and YouTube tutorials cannot rely heavily so I taught of making a model and explain to you guys how machine learning works. We will not be making the rules for the model instead we will take a pre-trained model for our use. Training a model takes time and we need a lot of data so we will take the easier path for now. 

The Project



        The only library that we need is OpenCV, if you have not installed it then pip install it in your terminal, pip install opencv-pythonYou can learn more here.

Now open your preferred ide and import opencv, while coding we use cv2 for opencv:

        Now as I told above we will use a pre-trained model for this use so download it from here. Now let's mention it in the code and ensure that the XML file is in the same directory.

        We will be using the webcam to detect the faces so let's mention that also with the help of open cv it is easy to take frames from a video and use it for detection. 

        If you want to use a file instead of the use the file name in inverted commas instead of the 0. Like this cv2.VideoCapture('filename.mp4').

Since it is a video we have to take its frames for detection for that we need a while loop, In which we take frames from the video and then convert it into grayscale.


        Here we take the frames for the video in the variable image and the cover the image to greyscale that greyscale image is stored in the variable called grayscale.


Now let's detect the faces:
 
        The three variables are, grayscale which is the image,1.2 which is the scale factor and 4 is the minimum neighbours. If any issues change these values.

 Now, let's draw a black rectangle for the face:

 Now show the image.

Now if see key is pressed it loop will break and the code ends.

And that's it and run the code and test it your self.

The Full Code

      If you have any doubts or errors in the program feel free to comment down below and I will respond as early as possible. And if I have made any mistake please correct me in the comment box below. Don't forget to follow us for such python related content.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Clock | Python | Pygame

  Motive            Just to keep this the way I make other projects on my website. Just ignore this and jump right into the project. Oh and here's a preview of what we are going to make. The Project          We will be using pygame to create our Digital Clock, I believe all of you have installed pygame, if not just open the command prompt and type pip install pygame and hit enter. Learn more about pygame here  https://www.pygame.org/docs/ . Feel free to skip to the end to get the full code.           Okay back to the project, first, let's make a basic pygame window. So import pygame, initialize pygame, set an icon, make a screen like a rectangle then set its caption or whatever you call it, make a while loop to make it run till the exit button is pressed, and update the pygame display. Looks like a lot but these are necessary to even make a basic pygame project. Everyone who has at least worked with pyga

Chrome Dino Game Automation with Python.

Motive           I saw a video on YouTube that made a python program to automate the chrome dino game at the end he shows a clip of the program playing the game. But there was a problem with the code I do not work when it's dark so I thought of turning the dark mode in the laptop so that it stays dark all the time but that did not work after reaching a score of 700 it becomes day again so I have to think of an alternative see how I did it. The Project  First Import the necessary modules in your IDE import pyautogui from PIL import Image, ImageGrab import time PyAutoGUI   lets Python control the mouse and keyboard, and other GUI automation tasks.                    First, open your terminal and run pip                          learn more on   Pyautogui                    

Never Lose a Game of Chess | Python Chess Hack

Motive            I lost every game that I played chess with my friends. So why not cheat, even though  it was not the best option, I had to somehow prove that I was not dumb and can even win against them. Since they play online with me, I had a better chance to cheat so I thought of creating an ai to play against them but it was not that easy so I started surfing through the internet to find a better way. Then I found stockfish it was a chess engine that generates the best move for us. So I used it as my AI. Again, luck was with me I was able to find a module called chess in python that helped me a lot and now my work was really very easy. At last, I created the program and won the games against them but they had figured out that I was cheating and my friends started mocking at me. Then I understood that I was wrong and I shouldn't have cheated and started working hard for it and now I literally can win matches with them even though I lost many of t